Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back at it...

The bar exam is FINALLY OVER (for now) and I can get back to the fitness grind. I'm going to Puerto Rico for Labor Day and like I mentioned in previous blogs, I'd like to be in a bathing suit without out making little children cry. I don't expect to lose a ton of weight in a month but but it'd be nice to drop 5 lbs.

I was able to fit in a couple of runs and insanity workouts during the final week of bar study but nothing major. I was also recently gifted a set of golf clubs and spent one afternoon walking the golf course and practicing which was a nice workout in 97 degree heat.

Now that my life is bar free, I can really get back on regular workouts and healthy eating. I'm feeling extra motivated today because its the first of the month. I always feel like anything is possible at the beginning of the month. Although I signed up for a half marathon in Minneapolis on August 21st, that's not looking realistic right now. Studying for the bar put me really behind and I don't think I can get the runs in that I'd need to be successful. So for now I'm looking for another race to do in early October. If you have any suggestions, please let me know in the comments section.

I'm also planning to start Cross Fit. The Fooler Initiative is one of my favorite blogs and its creator is obsessed with Cross Fit. Her tweets about it actually make me cringe but I've heard you get amazing results and I really want to push myself to the limit and see what my body can actually do. If you're not familiar with Cross Fit, check this out:



Yea. Intense, right?

I'm trying to find a good place in the DC area to try it out for the month. Since I need to jump start my weight loss for this mini vacation, this seems like the perfect time to try it out.

I also went H.A.M. in the grocery store so that I can make healthy meals. I've found that I do my best with eating and working out when I plan my meals and workouts out in advance. When I don't plan ahead, I almost always make a poor decision. Tonight I'm going to work on my workout schedule and meal plan and I'll post it here later.


I'll ALSO post the bikini I chose as my "don't be fat all your life" motivation.




- NASh

No comments:

Post a Comment