Sunday, July 17, 2011

2.2 sad miles later...

As I mentioned earlier, I'm registered for a half marathon on August 21st. According to my training plan, I was supposed to do a long run of 7 miles. I had hoped to way up really early this morning and get out to run before it got too hot outside. That didn't happen because I'm real friendly with that snooze button. Since it is so hot out nowadays, running later in the day would be nearly impossible so i decided to do the treadmill. I've done a lot of running on the treadmill. The longest I've run on a treadmill is 10 miles when I was training for my first half marathon earlier in the year. There was a time when I actually preferred running on the treadmill because running outside seemed daunting and intimidating. Over the last couple months as I've done more running outside with Lola, my Garmin Forerunner watch (which I LOVE), I'd MUCH rather run outside, especially during long runs.

Despite all that I geared up to run on the treadmill and was feeling quite good actually. That all changed once I started running. Now usually the first couple of miles for me can be difficult. It takes about that time for my legs to get warmed up and for me to really hit my stride. After the first 2 or 3 miles, things get better and i can really get into the zone. Today though, the first mile hit my legs really hard and i was struggling to run at a 10:30 pace which is normally pretty easy or regular for me. After the first mile I lowered my speed some thinking that would help but it didn't. My overall body didn't feel very tired but my legs felt very heavy so after I hit two miles, I stopped and decided to set my goal on an early seven miler outside in the morning.

I have to say I felt pretty defeated getting off the treadmill and not finishing my run but I reminded myself that some exercise is definitely better than none.

Hopefully I'll be triumphant in the morning.

- Nash

P.S.

Studying for the bar is painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment