Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 3 of Insanity and other workouts.


I'm having a hard time studying right now so I decided to take some time and write a longer blog post.

This has been a good week of working out despite the fact that I've been extremely stressed and somewhat evil (the Bar Exam can do that to you).

Somehow in the midst of all the stress I found new ways of incorporating workouts throughout my day so that I can still study a substantial amount and not sacrifice my exercise routine. I also started Insanity and am becoming close friends with Sean T. I also want to point out that at 5'll, Sean T weighs only 20 lbs more than me. Shout out to Wikipedia for that awesome self confidence boost :/

Right.


Anyway, I've typically been the person who likes to set aside one block of time a day to get my workout in. If I'm not able to do the workout I've planned at the exact time I planned it (or my backup time), I'll generally give up for the day. This week that has gone out of the window. I've broken my workouts into smaller chunks and spread them out for when I need a break to clear my head or when I have an extra chunk of time.

On Wednesday, I got up early in hopes of doing a 3 mile run outside. At 7:30 am it was already 87 degrees and the sun was out so that run got cut short to a 1 miler quick. I did another, faster one mile on the treadmill later in the day. After dinner I popped in Day 2 of insanity (i had already done the fit test) and was dripping in sweat by the end. The workout was tough and I was pretty much wanting it to be over the entire time, but i like it because I wouldn't do that kind of training/exercise and it feels good to stretch it up. The moves will also help me tone and build more muscle which I need desperately.

Yesterday my plan was to do a run and day 3 of insanity but ended up only doing a run. It was a horrible day emotionally for me. Shout out to my significant other because I am NOT easy to deal with right now. When I was feeling particularly low, I hopped on the treadmill to clear my head and ended up doing four miles. The run felt great and really improved my mood. It was one of those runs that reminded me of how much I enjoy running, even if it has to be on the treadmill. My energy was so high after, I ran to the other room and popped in Insanity. 30 seconds in, I realized I was doing way too much and my legs couldn't handle it.

Today I studied all morning and did day 3 of Insanity during my "lunch break." The workout was TOUGH and I had to modify the walking push up moves because...yea I can't do pushups....yet.

So far this week I'm at a total of 11 miles. I hope to get a treadmill run in later today but don't know what my workout situation will be over the weekend as the bar exam is in five days. My eating....has been ok. Not totally horrible, but I have indulged in Chik fil a Chicken biscuits and..other things....

Still glad I'm 1lb down.

19 to go.


Back to studying. Keep me in your prayers please.



NASh

No comments:

Post a Comment