Saturday, July 16, 2011

the scale

This morning I decided to weigh myself so that I can have an accurate starting weight for purposes of the blog.

156 lbs. [insert angsty face]

I weighed myself with a t shirt and yoga pants on. I'm sure those items didn't weigh a lot but I'm also the same person who subtracts 1/2 lb from the scale when I'm wearing a weave because I know that's how heavy the hair is. True story.

At 5'6 and 156 lbs., my BMI is 25.2. According to most BMI charts I've looked at, a healthy bmi range is 18.5 - 24.9. At 25.2 I'm not in a horrible place to start at all, but I really want to work on making my body the best it can be.

By my birthday I'd like to be somewhere between 135 and 140 lbs. Originally I was going to say 140 but why not shoot for the stars and if I feel like my body is fine at a higher weight, I'll adjust.

If I lose 1 lb. a week, i can reach my goal by December 10th. That would require me to lose 2lbs while I'm studying for the bar and don't know if that will happen. Either way, I can lose the full amount by Dec 31st by trying to lose only 1lb a week.

As far as specific body areas that I want to focus on, my priority list is something like:
  1. Abs
  2. Back/Love Handles (I suffer from a serious case of flabby back which is not hot in the streets)
  3. Butt (i also suffer from "noassatall" syndrome)
Now i think it's equally important to point out the areas of my body that I really do like. Those would be:
  1. thighs/legs
  2. my boobs
They've been good to me.


I'm going to Puerto Rico for Labor day so I'd like to set a mini goal to drop 7 or 8 lbs by then. I'd like to wear a two piece bathing suit without making little kids cry.

Thinking of ordering a two piece for motivation. If i do, I'll post a pic of it.

but NOT me in it.


- Nash




1 comment:

  1. I love this! This is such a great way to keep yourself accountable and document your progress! I'm excited to see more of Nashleys collarbones! Xoxo, Shannon

    ReplyDelete