Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What I Ate and How I Moved - 10/12/11

Food:

Admittedly, I didn't eat as well as I should but I did manage to keep my caloric intake low and eat somewhat healthy (and by somewhat I mean, I didn't go "full fat girl")

Breakfast - Grande caramel frappucino + banana

Lunch - Fettuccine Alfredo Lean Cuisine (gross + a lot of sodium but easy)

Snack - Large Grapefruit

Dinner - Two Stuffed Peppers courtesy of Chrissy Teigen (sodelushious) and Paula Deen. (Now these stuffed peppers are not healthy at all but they are AMAZING and may be the only Paula Deen recipe that doesn't include butter.)


Oh and since I guess I shouldn't hide things from you all, one heavily poured vodka + crystal light pink lemonade.

Workout:


I sat my alarm last night for 5am in hopes of waking up early for a run/workout. My alarm went off and I heard it, but did I get up? Of course not. I wasn't even really tired but I didn't want to get up so I rolled over and decided to save my workout for after work. I did this entire workout on the treadmill and for some reason looked forward to it for the most of the day. That NEVER happens.

3 miles +
3x(2:00) aerobic intervals + 3x(2:30) aerobic intervals + 1x(1:00) aerobic interval +
6 gental pickups/sprints +
3 miles

I did the 3 miles at the beginning and end of the workout at about a 10:20 pace. I did my aerobic intervals at 6.9 on the treadmill and my sprints moving from 8-9.5. I may have been able to sprint faster on the treadmill but it was kind of hard of tell. The entire workout lasted for roughly 1hr and 30 min and in total I completed 8.8 miles.

I think this may have been one one of the hardest running workouts I've ever done because I'm not used to the aerobic intervals and sprints but at the same time it felt really good.

Tomorrow's workout: 8 miles + 4 gentle pickups/sprints. **crosses fingers**

If I can get this workout done in the morning before work, I'm going to try and get a second workout in after work. A friend of mine challenged me to attempt 300 squats. I did 100 squats after running 3 miles on Monday and am trying to work myself up to 300.


- Nash



No comments:

Post a Comment