Sunday, October 30, 2011

Half-Marathon Update: Thank You Velvet Teddybear


I was originally supposed to run the Outerbanks Half-Marathon on Nov. 12 but some changes in my schedule made this nearly impossible. Luckily, even though I already paid my registration fee, I hadn't bought my flight or hotel. In order to make sure my expenses stayed around the same amount, I decided to find a replacement race in driving distance.

Thank God for the internet y'all because I stumbled upon this gem.




This velvety teddy bear, Christopher Theodore Rubeh Studdard, has a half-marathon in his hometown of Birmingham, Alabama.

God answers when you call him, I tell ya.

The Ruben Studdard Half-Marathon is November 20th at 8:00am.
I'm not sure who or what this race supports but I'm in there and I'm excited about it.

After doing a little quick research on Ruben to stay informed, I learned that he recently lost 100lbs and is now a vegan. #trivia

This race is a week after the race I was supposed to run so I have 20 days left to finish training. This was a bad week for me running wise (confession: I ran ONCE) but last sunday I ran 10 miles at a pace of 10:20 so I feel like I'll be more than ready by race day.

Looking forward to 5-6 running days this week because I do miss it and I need to stay ready.

- Nash







2 comments:

  1. I just noticed that this race was cancelled. Get your money back if you already registered! There are a bunch of Nov halfs in Atlanta if that is in driving distance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just got off the phone with one of the organizers and he told me that the marathon was cancelled but not the half-marathon. Thank God! Hopefully, things will go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete