Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Delicious Dinner

I cooked dinner tonight for the first time in a while.

It was DELICIOUS so I thought I'd share.

Lamb + Roasted Sweet Potato and Spinach Risotto



I was in the mood for lamb and asked the twitter world for recipe suggestions. The one I got was great. I've never actually written out a recipe so bear with me.

Lamb
Ingredients:

Lamb chops
Salt
Black pepper
Rosemary
Olive Oil
Garlic
Mushrooms
Craisins
Port

Directions:
Season the lamb chops with salt, pepper and rosemary. Sear the lamb for a couple minutes on both side, then remove. Sautee the mushrooms, and garlic in the juices in the pain. Pour in port and craisins. Put lamb back in the pan with wine, mushrooms, craisins and garlic and let cook on very low heat for 5 minutes.

***

That lovely side pictured above was the result of my indecision on whether I wanted risotto or sweet potatoes. Then I googled to see if there was such a thing as sweet potato risotto. Voila! Found something even better (I had a bag of spinach in the fridge that I really needed to do something with).


I'm not going to post the recipe for the risotto b/c it is available over at Two Peas and Their Pod. Risotto can feel like a tedious process but this recipe was really easy and honestly tasted so good. I will be taking this to lunch tomorrow with the left over lamb.

Now I know this blog is about exercise, weight loss etc. but I have no idea how many calories are in this meal. What I do know is that it was delicious and portion size is everything.

Try it out and tell me what you think.

OR if you want to figure out the calorie count for me, that'd be great as well.

- Nash







2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! I have a great craving-satisfying diet recipe I'm inspired to share -- the perfect post-workout saturday brunch! reduced fat bisquick (not all stores sell it) -- ignore the directions and just mix the powder with egg whites and a little bit of vanilla muscle milk light until you have a decent consistency that isn't too watery. use a reduced fat cooking spray instead of oil. amazing flavor and super fluffy -- there is almost nothing in them! with a side of turkey bacon and a little syrup, it makes a really satisfying weekend breakfast, and with the egg whites and muscle milk, its high in protein! -- Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that sounds like a great idea! I'm going to try it some time next week! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete