Thursday, September 1, 2011

Memphis to Puerto Rico

So much has been going on that I haven't had the time or words to properly update. On Saturday, I drove 13 hours to my new home in Memphis, TN. Luckily, I was able to just miss the Hurricane coming towards DC and feel extremely blessed that my friends and family were OK. Although moving/unpacking can be pretty exhausting, I've been doing a good job of working out. I've actually managed to workout every day this week - I'm at a total of 11 miles so far and have 2 runs planned for this weekend (3.5 + 5 miler).

I was also able to fit in a Cross Fit work out:) One of the first things on my to-do list once I moved was to find a place and I was able to find one 10 minutes from my house. This makes me VERY happy because although the place I went to in DC was about 10 minutes from work, it was roughly 25 min from home. This new place is 10 min from home and 15 min from work. I went for a workout on Wednesday and loved the place. I tried the 9am class since I don't start work yet and it was small. The workout was tough but the coach was really good at making sure I felt comfortable and knew all the moves I needed to do.

Workout - (8 rounds, but I did 5 rounds for newbies)
- Push Press (20 seconds)
- 10 seconds rest
- Alternating jump lunges (20 seconds)
- 10 seconds rest

I only did 15lbs for my push presses because I wasn't sure how it was going to feel but it was probably too easy (NOT to say the workout was easy because it wasn't but I probably should have done atleast 25-30). Alternating Jump Lunges are HAAARD. That was the toughest part of the workout.

My reps were 13/9, 11/13, 11/13, 11/12, 10/13. Total: 56/60 - 116 (5 rounds)


I saw a t-shirt that said, "Our warmup is your workout." Such a true statement. I need to find a t-shirt like that.

I haven't weighed myself because sometimes the scale really messes up my mood and focus. I leave for Puerto Rico in the morning though :) I'm not where I want to be but I still think I'll look good...enough. lol.

I have a lot more to say but I need to pack.

I'll update when I'm back.

- Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment