Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What I've been eating....



I've said before that I generally think its easier to lose weight when you prepare your own food. I LOVE to cook but sometimes it can be hard to motivate especially after being at work all day. I was feeling pretty motivated yesterday for some reason, i think because I was looking forward to the organized workout plan I made for the week and decided to cook. ALOT. Enough to last me a couple of days. I spend a lot of time surfing the internet and came across this DELICIOUS chipotle marinade recipe on So Delushious! The recipe took me a total of 15 minutes and I made it with Skyy Citrus Vodka because that's all I had in the house.







And a huge round of applause to the oldest blender in the world. Don't judge me. It works. The marinade was great and I plan on using it on LOTS of different things - baked chicken, shrimp, pork. I put some on red snapper last night and it was yummy. Chrissy Teigan (the So Delushious person) is a model and those girls have to be skinny so I figure she knows what she's doing (I hope). I made a small serving of the sauce using only one can of adobe chiles and still have a ton left to use for the rest of the week (when I'm in DC, I'm usually on cooking for myself). The sauce has a ton of flavor so I only put a tablespoon on the fish and baked it and it tasted great.



Dinner



After reading some older posts over at Thin Thighs & Sweet Potato Fries, I decided I also wanted to try out spaghetti squash. I followed her directions on how to make the spaghetti squash but made my own sauce from this recipe at Smitten Kitchen with some frozen veggies. Spaghetti squash is...interesting. I definitely wasn't expecting the crunchiness of the texture because it really comes out looking like spaghetti or hashbrowns (my mom actually mistook it for hashbrowns in the fridge and had a RUDE awakening lol). In my opinion it tastes nothing like spaghetti BUT it is good with sauce and so low cal I'm definitely going to play around with ways to make it.


I've also been spending ALOT of time with my beloved crockpot. I'm obssessed. It's something I think every single woman should have. When I got home from my workout on Wednesday, I seasoned some chicken legs with lawrys, garlic and rosemary and dropped them in the crockpot on high heat. That took no more than 15 minutes. I hopped in the shower and then headed out to meat my cousin for sushi (I LOVE SUSHI). When I came home four hours later, this is what it looked like:






I left it in the pot for a couple more hours while I did some laundry and watched netflix. Turned out great. Seriously, if you don't have a crockpot - GET ONE.












- Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment