Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Plan

So I've been trying to figure out what my workout plan/schedule is going to be instead of just flying by the seat of my pants and I think I finally came up with something.

For starters, I picked a new half marathon to train for since I won't be doing the Minneapolis race. I'll be doing the Outerbanks Half-Marathon in Nags Head on November 12th. Nags Head is beautiful, the race is mainly flat and I'll have 13 weeks to train (more than enough time). I'm going to use the same training program I used for my first half marathon and slowly work my way up while mixing in Crossfit workouts, spinning and a little Insanity. The half marathon training program requires me to run 4x/week and crossfit is for an hour 3x/week. During 2L year I started spinning and loved it. I haven't done it in a while but think itd be great if I could take a class 1x/week. I'm not sure exactly how I want to fit the insanity workouts into my routine but def think they will be great on days when I can't make it to the gym and want to work out or on days when I'm feeling like something different.
I'm going to try this schedule for the week and see how things go:
  • Monday - Spinning
  • Tuesday - 3 miles + Crossfit
  • Wednesday - 2 miles + elliptical
  • Thursday - 3 miles + Crossfit
  • Friday - OFF
  • Saturday - Crossfit
  • Sunday - 4 miles

I'll see how this feels for the week and adjust as necessary. I'm going to start tracking my calories on Lose It! If I limit my calories to 1626 calories, I can reach my goal weight (135 lbs) by Dec 26 at a rate of -1 lb/week.

I'm super excited to work out this week because I'll be listening to Kanye and Jay-Z's collabo album, Watch the Throne, which drops in 30 min. Good music makes for great workouts. It also feels pretty good to have a plan.

Here's to a week of great workouts and great decision making.

- Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment