Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Week 1 of 2012 Update

So far 2012 has gone well and I've been able to start the year off on the right foot (I know it's only been 11 days). My new year plan/resolution(s) didn't *technically* start until January 2nd. From January 2nd-January 8, I worked out 6 out of 7 days at a total of 19 miles for the week. I haven't started any specific running plan so I basically was just running for as long as I felt. Since I gained a few lbs. over the holiday, I definitely felt heavier which was NOT fun. My longest runs for last week were 4 miles. The shortest runs were 2 miles. I also did a damn good job of eating well this past week, mostly because one of my added resolutions is to plan all my meals and not eat out. I brought my lunch to work EVERY DAY y'all. I know people do that all the time but that is a big, deal for me. AND i was the crock pot, meal prep queen. I finally feel like I've managed this how-to-grocery shop-for-1-2 people-without-always-having-to-throw-produce-in-the-trash-thing.

Still compiling my race list for the year and I think I'm going to join a gym....the jury is still out on that though. I have a treadmill at the house, a stationary bike, a medicine ball and some weights. The basics. But I miss the option of hopping on the elliptical to blast out calories from time to time without having to work hard. I also miss the occasional spin class. There's a gym in walking distance from my house that I'm thinking about trying out but I'm not sure if I really, really need a gym membership. Thoughts??

I'm going to weigh in this evening so I'll post my weight on here which I haven't done in a while. I have to buy a new scale because I think the one we have is broken (insert joke here).


Also planning on cooking some fun things this weekend including a jerk turkey recipe I got from my friend.

-Nash

Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment