Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Here we go:

1. Read one book a month. I'd like to ultimately read 6 fiction and 6 non-fiction. I'm a fast reader and I LOVE to read. This year I want to devote more of my down time to reading and less to tweeting/facebooking/watching TV. Well, maybe not watching TV. The first book up is Manning Marable's "Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention." I purchased the book last year but have only read a few pages so far. I would LOVE any book recommendations.

2. I would like to join the "100 mile month" club. I don't know if this is an actual "club" but a friend of mine tweeted about it and I like the idea. This shouldn't be too hard to do with consistent running and why not run 1200 miles in 2012?

3. Become more fiscally responsible -- My pastor says that 10% goes to God, 10% goes to Savings and the rest you live off of/do what you want. I'm going to work really hard at making this happen (post-wedding).

4. Volunteer/Join a mentoring program. Volunteering was a lot easier when it's built into your curriculum as it was in high school. Since then, however, I have not done nearly as much community service as I should and that was a LONG time ago. I have one opportunity already in mind and I just need to stop making excuses, make the time in my schedule and do it.

5. Incorporate Cross Fit and Yoga into my routine on a consistent and regular basis. I fell in love with both Cross Fit and Yoga last year but have not be able to do them regularly. This is something I really want to work on.

6. Hit my 2011 goal of 4 half marathons. Run another obstacle/adventure race. This past year I ran 6 races. For 2012, I'd like to run 10. I need to sit down and figure out what races I want to do this year. Once I actually do that, I'll post them here.

7. Hit my goal weight (-15 lbs.) FINALLY and BEFORE my wedding.

8. Workout 5 times a week. I read Keyalus' 2011 recap on Determined to be Fit and was inspired and amazed that for two years in a row she has averaged 5 workouts/week. Impressive.

That's pretty much it but if I think of more, I'll add. Last year was very productive for me, so I'm looking forward to what this year has to offer and all the improvements I'll make.

- Nash


3 comments:

  1. Aww thanks! Nice resolutions. I'm still working on mine all late...shameful!

    Have you been added to the Black Girls Run 1212 in 2012 challenge in Daily Mile (or Nike+ if that is your thing)? That is close enough to 1000 miles. Should be good daily motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some book recommendations off the top of my head:

    The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao-Junot Diaz
    The Art of Fielding
    A Visit from the Goon Squad
    The Big Payback
    The Red Tent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao but I will have to check out the others!

    ReplyDelete