Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm back.

I can't believe I've been gone this long. Life has been extremely hectic, but I'm back for good now!




First things first...



Although I would have liked to be a LITTLE skinnier on my wedding day, I did drop 10 lbs. before the big day and I think I looked pretty good.


(right before the ceremony)

(for the collarbones, obvi)



Trying to plan a wedding, while starting a fairly new job in a new city was WAY more difficult than I expected.  As a result, my training suffered and 6 months into 2012, I haven't completed a single race. *sigh* Now that I'm officially someone's wife and not just a crazy person planning a wedding, I have a lot more time to work out/train, cook healthy meals and not make excuses.  This also means blogging more often and consistently.


In 106 days, I am running my first marathon - the Bank of America Chicago marathon.  My training begins immediately.   I like Hal Higdon's training plans so I'm doing his Novice 1 which will require me to run nine miles this weekend.  I haven't run nine miles in FOREVER and it is fiftyleven degrees in Memphis right now so planning + hydration will be key.  Oh, and prayer. PRAYER.




I've also signed up for the Memphis Road Race Series.  A co-worker introduced me to this and it's $75 for 10 races. That is AMAZING. Two 5ks, two 5-milers, two 10ks, two 10-milers, and two half marathons.  Did I say $75 for ALL the races combined? I'm excited.  I'm going to miss one of the 10-milers because it is the same day as the Chicago marathon but the rest should work out fine.


The first race is on July 8th.


Expect to hear a lot more from me.  I've missed y'all. 



1 comment: